Serious about coffee, contagious smile, friendly, and service-driven. If that’s you, treat yourself by working for an environmentally conscious and community oriented company that stands behind its products 100%. We are looking for people who care about our products and our guests and will deliver on that promise. We will reward you with a fun place to work, where you’ll find friendly people, opportunities to grow within our company, and great benefits.
You’ll be in good company… Our coffee house is a great place to work where you can still be you.
Baristas: Are our Tour Guides
- Must love coffee
- Friendly, warm, and gracious greeting to all customers
- Knowledgeable about our great products
- A smile and continues eye contact throughout the transaction
- Prompt, efficient, and competent service with a sense of urgency
- Attentive, listening carefully to the customer, answering questions in a manner that helps educate the customers about our products and services
Cooks: Are Part of “The Show”
- Friendly, warm, and gracious greetings to all customers
- Prepare menu items and present products according to our standards
- Produce orders efficiently, accurately, on time, with minimal waste
- Fresh food, always rotated, always portioned, always exceptional
- Bring team spirit to working with Servers, Bussers and Runners
- Position available ONLY at Satellite Coffee UNM SUB and University Blvd
Satellite Managers are hands-on, working side by side with their crew. You must be able to think on your feet, lead people, and provide outstanding service in a fast-paced environment. Our service is fast casual, our products are unique, and our reputation is built on the exceptional experience we give to each customer. We look for folks who have a passion for coffee and quality operations. This isn’t what you ended up doing—this is what you love to do!
Reward yourself by working for a NM grown, community-oriented company while enjoying our generous benefits comparable with any large company. Submit your resume to email@example.com.
- 2+ years restaurant management experience, preferably in a full service concept
- FOH or BOH experience; prefer a mix of both
- Managed $750k sales or more
- HRTM or Culinary degree may sub for some required management experience
- Proven ability to manage product and service quality while controlling expenses
- Ability to train, coach, develop, and retain staff
- Flexibility to adapt to change as well as the skills to manage it
- Excellent work history and references: we do background checks
- Must enjoy coffee: prefer some cafe experience
Cafe Manager Benefits
For Your Well Being
For Your Health
For Your Taste Buds
To bring out the hidden treasure in each and every bean you drink.
Passionate About Our Culture
We are a fun, casual place for our customers, and a great place to work for our employees. As an employee you will be thoroughly trained, meet new faces on a daily basis, and have a chance to work with a diverse group of people. We want you to interact with out customers in your own friendly style.
We are a company of broadly diverse individuals working together to provide products and services to an equally diverse community. Satellite Coffee’s success is a reflection of its emphasis on attracting, welcoming, and retaining a diverse pool of customers and employees.
Our Values help guide us in accomplishing our mission. Whether you are a Barista, Cook, or Manager, keeping these values in mind while you work will lead you down the right path and help you make good decisions.
Our Guests Come First. We Give Them 100%.
We treat our guests as we would if they were in our home–with courtesy and friendly interest in their needs and comfort. We attend to details that make our service stand out as professional and caring–different from what we often encounter elsewhere. We work at 100% when we’re on the clock, and when we’re not feeling at 100%, we give 100% of what we’re able.
We are exceptional and so is our product.
We strive to do and be our best by showing our best side at all times. We believe in the basic good of all people and give them our trust. We protect our reputation for quality products by paying attention to each item we serve. If it’s not up to standard, we don’t serve it.
We work as a team.
We are willing to help each other wherever needed, in a spirit of cooperation and dependability. We show respect for our workplace and the people in it through our courteous, honest behavior toward them and their belongings.
We live within our means.
We make this business profitable, so that we can continue to provide our customers with exceptional quality and our employees with competitive wages and benefits. We don’t waste time or food unnecessarily nor are we careless in our handling of product.
We live in this community.
We know our customer, who is also our neighbor. We give back the community by developing our relationships into long-term partnerships on all levels. We protect our reputation with each other, with our customers, and with our community partners through our fair and honest actions. Click here to learn more about our main community partner, The Storehouse.
Great things are brewing for you
Caution: May cause a caffeine buzz, a day at the beach, fantastic fitness, affordable doctor visits, a beautiful smile, retirement savings, or even a promotion.
Check out our stellar Satellite Coffee benefits and get on board today. We’ll help you maintain your health and well being, all while keeping your taste buds happy.
For Your Health
- One week paid vacation
- One week paid sick/personal time.
- Affordable dental and health care insurance.
- Defined Fitness discounted membership – Only $15 a month.
- Employee Assistance Program – In good times and bad we are here to support you.
- Work/Life balance – Flexible work schedule to accommodate your life schedule.
For Your Well Being
- 401(k) savings plan
- Scheduled evaluations and reviews
- 30% retail discount
- Reimbursement for work shoes
- Chance to advance and turn your job into a career
- Training/development opportunities
- Finder’s Fee when you refer someone we hire
For Your Taste Buds
- Free coffee or tea
- Free bagel or pastry while working
- 50% meal discount while working
- 30% coffee bean/whole leaf tea discount
- 30% bakery discount at Flying Star Cafe
- Competitive Pay and Bonus Incentives
- Comprehensive 8-week Manager Training Program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- Company-paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Vacation and Sick/Personal Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Free and Discounted Meal Benefits
- Career Advancement with a Fast Growing Company
Apply Yourself Today
- Come into one of our 8 Satellite Coffee locations today or any day between 1 and 4 in the afternoon.
- Download and fill out our application beforehand to save time, or ask for one there.
- Ask for the manager or team lead on duty when you turn in your application.
- Check out our website and familiarize yourself with our company.
- Be positive.
- Dress professionally.
- Practice with a friend.
- Know your skills and how you will be an asset to our company.
- Maintain eye contact.
- Smile and be relaxed.
- Be readyto talk about your past work experience and how it relates to the position you’re applying for.
Want some more tips? Click here!
- Download our application.
- Print application on legal paper (8.5″ x 14″) if possible. If you do not have legal paper, print application on letter and select “fit to page” when printing.
- Fill out application completely.
- Staple application pages together.
- Drop it off at any Satellite location.
Forward to a friend!
In your browser, go to “File”, “Send” and “Page by E-mail” to forward our application to a friend.